Thursday, 17 September 2015

Critical Reflection


                  Presentation on Logical Fallacies



Salient features of a good presentation:

·      Script : This  should be good enough to represent a holistic view of subject of the presentation. The narrative should be based on facts and free from bias.

·      Timing : The presentation should be timed as per requirement. Therefore, should be well rehearsed beforehand.

·      Voice tone : The pitch of voice should be loud enough so that it is audible to each one.   Unusually high or low pitch spoils quality of presentation.

·      Clarity : A good presentation defeats its purpose if  it fails to communicate with the audience. Each sentence should be clearly spoken with pause, where required, so that the audience is able to make out correct interpretation of the presentation.

·      Eye contact : The presenter should, at times, establish eye contact with the audience so that the audience is made to feel that the presenter is speaking for the audience.

·      Body language : The presenter should exhibit confidence before the audience. It is always better to rehearse presentation beforehand with a view to remove nervousness before presentation.

Critical analysis and plan for improvement  of  my presentation :

            While writing script of the presentation, I tried to include all relevant points. However, I may have failed to describe it properly. Therefore, I need to sharpen my writing skills so that it precisely describes narrative I intend to convey to the audience. To improve I intend to pick up random topics and write small write- ups on the topics chosen. This way I hope to improve my self.

            I tried to time the presentation properly and pitch of my voice was balanced. 

            The clarity aspect of  my presentation needs improvement. While observing my presentation I felt I could have spoken somewhat slowly and clearly applying pause where required. I think, I was  speaking continuously and didn’t realise to pause wherever required. While doing so I also need to ensure in future that  my presentation does not exceed the allotted time of presentation. I can improve this by practicing first in front of someone  and getting feedback of what needs to be improved further.

           Eye contact  with  audience was yet another aspect which I found  missing in my presentation. I need to ensure that audience is in sync with me while I am presenting before them.  From the beginning of my presentation till the end, I didn’t had any eye contact with the audience which ultimately made my presentation flat. On the other hand, to improve upon this, I can practice in front of mirror to see whether   I am  going on right track or not.

        My body language throughout  presentation  largely exhibited confidence though I think there is scope for improvement. I can however, video myself and can see how much confident actually I am while presenting. It is always better to rehearse presentation beforehand with a view to remove nervousness before presentation.


            On the positive side, the pitch of my voice  during presentation was  adequate. Wherever required I raised pitch in order to make my point of view appealing to the audience. Also, the pronunciation was quite good, though I think I should try to perfect it even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment