Friday, 9 October 2015

Self Critical Analysis

SCRIPT

 I think the script was well written, It included all the necessary points it needed to have. So far,  I don’t really think I need to improve upon that. However,  the more I research  about any given topic, the better it would be.

TIMING

Timing of presentation is important. During our last presentation we exceeded the allotted time by about 10 minutes. Therefore, I need to rehearse my presentation individually and along with my group for next presentations so that I am able to focus on the allotted time. This can be done in a better way if all group members rehearse collectively so that we can sort out the short comings of each group members.

EYE CONTACT

Eye contact is another point where I think I still need to work on it. During my previous to previous presentation I was mostly focused on reading through the written text. Whereas during my last presentation I improved little bit but I think I need to sharpen my understanding of the text of presentation before presenting. This way I will be able to establish eye contact with the audience in a more confident manner. Therefore, I think my plan for improvement will be to- 

Understand the text which I want to present and then practice it before mirror taking into consideration the allotted time and eye contact with the mirror . This way I will myself feel how confident I look before mirror.

BODY LANGUAGE

Body language which is an essential part of presentation is one factor where I have noticed improvement. While comparing my last presentation with the last to last presentation I noticed considerable improvement in my body language in terms of my standing posture, movement of hands and overall confidence level. However, I think there is still scope for improvement by watching presentation of professional persons on Internet and comparing myself to see what are the areas where I need improvement

VOICE TONE

Voice tone during presentation adds to  quality of a presentation. It is very important for a presenter to ensure that he/she is heard by each one. Not only this, one needs to modulate tone in such a way that important points which a presenter intends to highlight is emphasised in a louder but soft tone. After my last presentation I saw the video and realised that the voice tone was heard properly by each one.  However, I need to work on how best to emphasise strong point of my presentation which can be done only by repeated rehearsals and comparing each rehearsal with the other ones to make it perfect.


CLARITY


Clarity of my presentation though getting better can be improved further by me if I record audio part of my presentation and then listen myself again and again to see whether I was able to speak clearly. Still better, I can ask my family members to listen to my audio recording and comment on clarity aspect of presentation.


1 comment:

  1. Your posture was good, your voice was clear and listenable but your speech contains too much pauses. Your body language was fair, but your posture gave slight bit of less confident look. Overall your self critique is almost a correct observation. Amount of information in your speech was repetitive. You did very good job overall.

    ReplyDelete